Tuesday, December 8, 2009

FNT style

So, I've spent the good part of the day two days ago ripping the sound off of the p4 cd. The process went something like this: Open the image files using Magic ISO > Search through the numerous folders and search for files like .adx or .afs > Extract them all > if afs, extract adx file(s) from them (sometimes you get one and sometimes you get up to 50 > drag and drop no more than 20 adx files onto the converter > you get wav files! 8DD YEY! And each afs file = one event with spoken dialogue and each of the lines are cut up into little clips. There are tons of them!! I haven't finished extracting all of the afs either. XDD But ahhh all in due time.

Well, after I got the sound files pretty much figured out, I started to scrounge for other files I can take and remembered the font files. So I extracted that...but what I did not expect was the hours of fail following that. I search up every .fnt editor there is and try to convert it into something I could use. NOT A CHANCE. Then I had it off to pardner (aka partner) to try and figure out and she couldn't make sense of it for an hour or so either. She kept getting errors saying it was a .ttf so I searched up .ttf editors and haha of course. Those programs ultimately rejected the font files too...I'm not sure what's more annoying...that it took hours for us to give up or the fact that I HAVE THE DAMN FONT FILE BUT I CANT USE IT!!! :BBBBB

I will have to pray to the internet that some freakish miracle will make the file usable. Haha. I want my font. :T

Well, can't have a post without something of progress!:


Yosuke at 3:10 am +9 GMT 12/09/09

And nope. I'm not going to post the finished works here. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment